The Mid-Atlantic Venture Association represents private equity and venture capital firms with investment interests in the mid-Atlantic and beyond, entrepreneurs, and their strategic partners.
MAVA members include: investment fund venture capital professionals, both established and up-and-coming company CXOs, and their key partners: advisors and professionals from banking, accounting, law, financial, executive search, real estate and business and consulting practices, international to local government development agencies, universities and federal laboratories. The venture capital professionals represent nearly 100 firms with collectively more than $90 billion in capital under management.
MAVA offers top-flight programming to attract and engage entrepreneurs and innovators, expand our offerings to companies at different stages of development and serve investors across the private equity spectrum. MAVA provides an industry-focused network that helps advance ideas while providing an efficient platform for new-to-market players as well as experienced professionals serious about private equity investing and creating exciting enterprise opportunities.
A member-supported organization, MAVA provides opportunities to select programs and customize packages that best serve member firms. In addition to annual investor and sponsor packages, unique opportunities may also become available to sponsor MAVA events throughout the year.
Day-in and day-out, we support the collaboration among our industry's leading players in an effort to facilitate a positive environment for deal flow and business growth in the mid-Atlantic region and beyond. We hope you'll join us for the many exciting opportunities that our membership offers.
Join MAVA as a "Company Innovator" for Powerful Access to Investors and Advisors:
Just launched, a Company Innovator membership helps propel access for companies in high growth mode, including special introductions to a vast group of investors ready to finance early to growth stage companies.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Which membership category is right for you?
Read the descriptions below and click on the link to apply (membership is conditional upon the application review and acceptance by MAVA )
- Investor: Institutional equity investors with headquarters or investment interests in the mid-Atlantic region, including venture capitalists, corporate investment arms, limited partners, fund of funds, angels and private equity firms. Membership dues rate based upon capital under management. Special first-year dues structure is available for out-of-market investors.
- Corporate & Professional Service Firms: Advisors and professionals from banking, accounting, law, financial, executive search, real estate, and business and consulting practices with a commitment to venture investment in the region. Also includes international, national, state, and local development agencies; universities and federal and private research laboratories.
- Affiliate: International, national, state, and local development agencies; universities and federal and private research laboratories.
- CEOConnect : By invitation only - CEO of a portfolio company of a MAVA investor firm; CEO-level executive of a privately held client company (except for management or IT consulting firms) of a MAVA professional services & advisory firm; former CEO of a venture-backed company, as deemed eligible by MAVA.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Benefits of MAVA Membership
Included with annual dues for all members:
- Member rates to flagship conferences: Capital Connection and Mid-Atlantic Bio
- Annual kick-off event
- Member luncheons, including joint meeting with National Venture Capital Association
- Networking events
- mavaNET e-newsletter
- Access to members-only pages on MAVA website
- Listing in membership directory
- Access to key industry data including the MAVA Investment Report and quarterly survey research
- Industry support of community entrepreneurship programs (most recently, the National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE))
More than Membership...Lead through Engagement and Sponsorship
There are a variety of MAVA investor and sponsorship packages that are designed to give members added value and flexibility. Each package offers participation at different levels in MAVA's flagship events, Capital Connection and Mid-Atlantic Bio and MAVA programs and events throughout the year. To determine the best package for your firm, go to our Sponsorship page.