Showcase Event to Spotlight 16 Market-Making Technology Businesses
Capital Connection 2013
Today, MAVA announced the fifteen companies selected to take the Main Stage of this year’s Capital Connection 2013 conference. Each year, Capital Connection brings together leading investors and top performing technology executives for an intense series of company presentations showcasing technology companies at all stages of development, along with high-level CEO addresses, thought-leading keynotes, and networking sessions.
Capital Connection 2013 will shine a spotlight on a number of dynamically changing industries – including education technology, mobility and the intersection of Big Data with health IT - emphasizing a broad array of industry sectors that are growing exponentially throughout the global market and where the Mid-Atlantic tech community brings particular strength and unique expertise. This year’s conference takes place June 5-6 at the Mead Center for American Theater, home to Arena Stage, in Washington, DC.
The newly announced Main Stage companies are quite diverse, with many having already established themselves as market leaders, on a phenomenal growth trajectory. Others are now poised for an inflection point in their growth, either through a major breakthrough in their market position or by raising new capital. All represent leading indicators of technology trends in key sectors. These companies will share their stories at one of the industry’s most respected gatherings of technology companies and on the largest tech/invest platform of its kind on the East Coast, with an eye toward national and international reach for their message and their products.
“These Main Stage presenters are at the heart of Capital Connection and represent leaders in their individual fields, often sought out by policy makers and thought leaders for their insight into the tech market. They are bringing innovative products to the commercial market, and for many, are well on their way to being dominant industry leaders. Those seeking financing represent attractive investment opportunities across sectors. When I look at these companies collectively, I am struck by the wealth of ground-breaking technology and business acumen fueling this strong technology sector,” said Julia Spicer, Executive Director of MAVA.
The featured Main Stage program will showcase the following companies:
- 9Lenses is a leading provider of Social Enterprise Performance Software, and delivers a breakthrough insight platform for the most critical resource in our business – our customers.
- AnyPresence is a mobile development platform that dramatically reduces the time and cost of mobile-enabling enterprise business processes, products, and services.
- Arxan Technologies provides the world's leading solution to protect the integrity of applications against attacks by enabling application owners to build protections directly in the application.
- ControlScan delivers innovative payment security and compliance solutions to payment service providers and the merchants they serve.
- Decision Lens is a cloud-based prioritization and resource allocation software. It provides a solution to organizations’ critical resource allocation decision-making processes.
- Fixmo is a mobile risk management (MRM) company that helps organizations identify, mitigate and manage the risks associated with mobile devices in the workplace.
- Geostellar scales energy sales. Through a simple “Search, Shop, Share” process, homeowners and commercial property managers can go solar, change their electricity providers and acquire energy efficient upgrades.
- Invertix addresses complex research and development, engineering and mission support challenges in the areas of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; enterprise information technology; and communications mission systems.
- Invincea delivers the first and only virtualized browser, PDF reader, Office suite, .zip and .exe solutions that seamlessly run in their own virtual environments separate from the desktop operating system to protect users against all types of malware threat.
- Kaltura provides the world's first and only Open Source Online Video Platform.
- Lotame empowers innovative publishers, agencies, and brands to unlock the full value of their audience data with our unifying data management platform, Crowd Control.
- Notable Solutions Inc’s flagship product, AutoStore, captures paper and electronic documents from a copier, scanner, or printer, then routes the information into the appropriate business system based on the document type.
- Orchestro powers demand execution for consumer-driven supply chains. Its adaptive analytics engine (Maestro™) makes sense of tens of thousands of real-time data feeds daily, across point-of-sale (POS), consumer sentiment and operational data.
- Univa unifies Big Compute and Big Data workload management by making it easy to fully leverage shared cluster resources with innovations like Hadoop support, multi-core systems, hybrid servers and cloud computing – ensuring organizations are future-proofed today.
- Video Blocks is a subscription-based website that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock video, motion backgrounds, production music, sound effects, special effects, After Effects templates and much more.
As the premier forum for technology companies on the East Coast, Capital Connection™ sets the standard for early stage, expansion and growth companies to present their business models and their potential for accelerated growth to a broad audience of investors, advisors, strategic partners and peers across all stages and sectors.
A non-profit member-owned organization with deep roots in the technology community, MAVA brings together company-builders from across the country and at every stage of development, and provides a trusted public showcase to promote these enterprises, from promising start-ups to publicly-traded success stories.