2013 Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Capital Connection & TechBUZZ 2013: This 25-year platform provides one of the best-in-class events focused on high growth technology companies across all stages of growth and diverse industry sectors. Capital Connection is the must-attend event for investors, entrepreneurs and the full spectrum of resources that support them. Programming includes industry headline-making thought leaders, vivid case studies of high growth firms and best-in-class fundraising presentations from Early, Expansion and Growth stage companies. A popular feature within Capital Connection, TechBUZZ provides a high-energy, fast-paced format for entrepreneurs to share Seed Stage business concepts with an audience of their peers, Angels and the larger investor community. Visit www.capitalconnection.org for details.
Mid-Atlantic Bio is the premier regional biotech conference for senior-level executives, policymakers, academia, financiers, media and service providers. This regional conference is hosted by MAVA in collaboration with its local partners, the VA Biotechnology Association and MdBio/Tech Council of MD. Visit www.midatlanticbio.org for details.
Big Tent Events -- Open to the Business Community
- Crystal Ball Breakfast -- Industry Outlook: Hosted in both Northern Virginia and Baltimore, the Crystal Ball Breakfast program kicks off the New Year with an "inside look" at the regional environment for investment and entrepreneurship. Showcasing the strong investor community, each event presents insights from MAVA members with regard to the year ahead - highlighting sectors of regional strength, with a spotlight on news in the market and a look into the "crystal ball" regarding new trends to watch in the year ahead. January 25 & February 1, 2013.
- Annual Holiday Luncheon & CEO Celebration: This festive end of the year event provides a terrific opportunity for members to network before the holidays and celebrate the season while showcasing the stars of the local CEO community. December 10, 2013
Member Only Events -- Offered to MAVA members and selected guests
- Members Only Fall "Kickoff" Reception: A fun opportunity to reconnect after the summer's end and rekindle contacts within the community as we move into the busy fall season.
- BUZZHub Happy Hour: This hip, high-energy event is designed to connect the "young guns" of the investor & advisory network with local entrepreneurs in a very informal format. With very little content on the agenda, the sole purpose of these events is to foster meeting, greeting and discovery of the "next big thing."
Specialty Investor Events -- Designed to create immediate value in small group settings
- CEO/Investor Dinners: These dinners bring individual CEOs and CFOs from select enterprises together for one-on-one networking and discussions with MAVA members, their peers and leading investors from the community.
- PE/ Managing Director Investor Dinners: These gatherings provide direct dialogue between partners of some of the industry's top funds and investors for candid peer discussion and industry connections.
- Vanguard Roundtables: Responding to investor member interests, these closed-door roundtables provide a forum for MAVA members to engage in peer-to-peer discussion around selected topics of shared interest. Leveraging the interests identified over the past year, MAVA looks forward to hosting a continuing series of these unique programs on a sector-focused track (CleanTech, Education and Cyber).
For more information on Sponsorship Opportunities at MAVA Programs, contact Kim Weir at email@example.com or call 703.506.9300.