Baltimore Innovation Week is a week-long celebration of technology and innovation in Baltimore. The annual week of events is intended to grow the impact of this innovative region through programming focused on technology, collaboration and improving Baltimore.
Last year, Baltimore Innovation Week 2012 had impact:
· More than 30 events from 25 partners with more than 1,500 attendees
· Startups and products launched, including NewsUp, Crowdstich and Easy WebContent’s Presenter.
· GBTC held Maryland’s first hackathon that featured representatives from city, state and federal government agencies.
· 15 projects launched as part of the latest Startup Weekend Baltimore, including winner TeamPassword.
· Venture for America unveiled plans to launch its fellowship program in Baltimore.
· TechBreakfast continued its growth as the region’s premiere startup demo event.
· Pitch Across Maryland brought Gov. O’Malley to Baltimore to show off his entrepreneurship-fueling work.
· The University of Maryland Biopark launched a new entrepreneurship demo series, starting with its incubated healthcare applications platform startup Analytics Informatics.
· Education Ignite welcomed more than 200 people to hear about the changing education climate in Baltimore.